Barefoot Blonde Extensions are simply the best. They are, guys, I swear! I’ve been in the beauty biz for almost a decade and I don’t think any brand can hold a flame to BFB’s quality. Don’t believe me? Well, try them on! Because what also makes our extensions (uniquely) the best is that fact that you can select 3-5 different Home Try-On hair shades for FREE (shipping not included) to be sent to your house— so you can perfectly color match yourself.
I just got my try-on samples in the mail, and I’m so excited to color match myself. Here’s how you do it:
1. Hold your Home Try-On sample to the ends and the roots of your hair. The color of your roots and the color of your ends will usually be different. That is, unless you dye your hair a solid color, roots to ends. Usually though, most dye jobs or highlighting will leave your hair with a blend of different colors. Even virgin will have slightly lighter ends, because of sun-bleaching. Which is why we match at the top and match on the ends— we’re trying to find the happiest medium that will blend perfectly.
I also think it’s important to try out different parts, and color-match. I alternate between a middle-part, left-part and middle-part. I color match each of these locations, too.
2. Match each color one by one, as well as side-by-side. This is important because as they lay side by side it’s easier to see if the swatches have warm or cool undertones. Your own natural hair will be warmer or cooler— you need to match shade as well as tone.
3. Color match in natural and synthetic lighting. Because have you ever tried on a foundation at Sephora, and then went out to your car and shrieked when you saw your orange skin in the car mirror? Same rules apply, here. Hair color can look completely different in different lighting.
Another thing I would recommend is to take pictures of yourself in each of the shades. When I look at a photo of myself, I can see my hair color more objectively. And if you’re having a hard time deciding, ask a friend, family member or significant other which one suits you best.
4. Once you’ve selected your color, return to barefootblondhair.com to complete your checkout. And get SO pumped to rock your luscious, thick Barefoot Blonde Hair— which you KNOW will blend perfectly, after you’ve tested the Home Try-On samples.
5. The samples are yours to keep! I would save them in case you want to go lighter in the summer, or darker in the winter— this is what I always seem to do (I’m sure my stylist hates me at this point). That way you can update your extension color and have the samples to, again, match your color.
6. The Home Try-On program is for you! We want you to be happy with your hair. This program is uniquely ours, so if you have a good experience with it, make sure to tell your friends who could benefit and tag us at #BFBHomeTryOn.