Struggling With A Dry Flaky Scalp? Try This!
The weather is heating up, the sun is out, it's truly starting to feel like summer over here, and we're excited! But with summer comes excess dryness, especially when it comes to your hair and scalp. Chlorine, the ocean, & those sun rays can definitely wreak havoc on that scalp of yours. The last thing we need to be deal with this summer is a dry and flaky scalp. Not only is it uncomfortable & itchy, but scalp health truly is important! If your scalp is healthy & happy, your strands will show it! Now let's get into the nitty gritty. Why this is happening, what you can do to help, & our top preventative measures.
Product Shown: Beige Blonde 21" Classic Set
Here's the jist:
You might be wondering why your scalp has randomly become dry & itchy, or maybe you've always struggled with this discomfort. There are numerous reasons as to why this could be happening to you, but here are a few of the top reasons as to why your scalp is dry, flaky, or itchy:
- If you are already prone to dry skin, your scalp is no different
- Dry weather & seasonal changes
- Product buildup
- Over-washing or under-washing
- Psoriasis or dermatitis
Here's what to do:
Now that we went over WHY this could be happening to you, lets get into some preventive measures + tips!
- Switch to a clean haircare brand (no sulfates, parabens, or synthetic fragrances)
- Look for products that contain moisturizing ingredients such as keratin, coconut oil, honey, etc...
- Struggling with excess dandruff? Look for products with salicylic acid in it
- Cut down on the # of times you wash per week (read more about how hair washing tips here)
- Add in a DIY scalp scrub once a week
Some of our favorite products for a dry scalp:
Caring for your extensions:
We can't forget about our clip-in extensions!! Best shampoo to use on your extensions. Or are you noticing your extensions looking all dry & dull? Read all about how we revive dry & frizzy extensions here.
Shade Shown: Sandalwood
BFB HAIR Team